Wednesday 4 January 2012


Red Drama
(18" x 18", oil on canvas)

While I've had this bottle in my collection for years, it wasn't until I added the cork that I was able to make it work in a composition. I believe having that bit of light at the top defines the bottle and keeps it from being overly obscure. The chunky round shape seemed a good match for an equally chunky pomegranate.

Happy New Year and welcome to the 6th year of my Painting of the Week program. I hope to keep you entertained, if only for a brief moment, every Wednesday of the coming year. Please write if there is something you particularly like, dislike, or would like to see.

If you’d like to have your personal copy of the Painting of the Week sent directly to your desktop every Wednesday morning please write me at daniele@DanieleLemieux.com.

No comments: